Thursday, September 30, 2010

Baby Needs a New Pair o' Shoes

We put it off as long as we could. But with the change in seasons comes the necessity to buy our kid some shoes. As much as he'd prefer to remain barefoot, Des is past the age where it's acceptable for him to be out in public without footwear. Sad faces all around.

We needed shoes that were casual, comfortable, would go with almost anything Des wears, and wouldn't slip off. Robeez were out. I love my child, but there is a line. $30+ for an item that he's going to grow out of in a few months is crossing it. Off to Target we go!

Shocker, the selection for baby boy shoes was limited. Despite a full wall of pinks and purples and ladybugs galore, our pickins were slim.

So here's what we ended up with:


They'll do the trick. They go with everything and they don't slip off despite his very best efforts. He still manages to chew on them while they're on his feet though. I'm telling you, his talents are endless. Other than the chewing issue, he doesn't mind them on his feet at all. Success!



Now I'm hoping to find a non-sneaker version that he can wear for more dressy occasions. I'm thinking brown moccasins. Let's face it, we're not going anywhere that calls for wing-tips or a chelsea boot. Although how cute would that be?

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I love the shoes!!! They are cute :) The twins hardly ever wore shoes. When they did, Natalie loved them!! She would always look down and smile. So funny. Liam, not so much. He always had an issue with them! haha..man I miss all the babies I had in my life back home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails