Monday, December 29, 2008

One more party...

Then we blow the place up!

Christmas Eve went off without a hitch. We got everything on the list done. The house was in great shape for the party. We received many compliments that it has never looked so good. It's nice to hear that after putting all that work into getting it ready. I'm kinda glad we had a party on the horizon. That helped get my butt in gear for sure!

We're having a small gathering on New Years Eve. The usual crew plus a few from the south shore. There will be drinking and video gaming I'm sure. I may tell everyone to bring a hammer and we'll turn it into a demo party. Take a good look at the ceiling people, as it's the last you'll see of it!

The real party begins on January 1st. That's when we start tearing down the ceiling in the bar, dining room and kitchen. I'm going to take it down neatly, tile by tile, bagging it up as I go, keeping the mess to a minimun. Not sure how long that will last, but I'm sure it will take a while. While I work on that I'll line up the boys to order the lumber and we can make plans to get to ceiling/floor reframed. Once the details of the project are nailed down, I'll post them here. It will be something along the lines of:

Demo ceiling
Reframe
Hang celing
Lay floor
Celebrate xmas 2009

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails