Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bird on a Wire

Suburban living is pretty predictable. Sunday paper, trash and recycling on Thursdays. Out the kitchen window you might see a car passing, your neighbor with a leaf blower, kids waiting for the school bus, a woman jogging.

And then one day you look out that same window to see this:






Am I the only idiot who didn't realize turkeys could fly? Probably.



We see wild turkeys often in our area. But never so... high up. They're usually content to stay close to the ground. And this was quite a large clan. Herd. Gaggle. Google? Whatever a group of many jive turkeys is called.

Tony was home to see this. I was at work and he sent me one of these pictures with the text:

"Dinner will be ready when you get home. Thanksgiving dun' come early!"

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

My brother is funny! Wow that's a lot of turkeys in your yard. I learned they could fly when Tony and I were living in Carlisle. He told me cause we also had them in our trees. I am trying to get out of Thanksgiving this year. I don't like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails