Sunday, May 22, 2011

Before We Get Back to Reality....

St. John, USVI 2011:




























The more we return, the more I worship this island. Sharing it with our son and my mom was so much fun. They got it. Desmond was happy and loud, like a fish in water. Throughout the week I found myself overwhelmed with pride and relief (relief in a 'thank god he loves it and we can come back' kind of way) watching Des explore and dive in to so many new experiences. He rolled around in sand, he talked to the birds, he connected with his Nana on a whole new level. It was a beautiful, hilarious, relaxing yet exhausting week.

I'm not ready to be back.

3 comments:

Rebekah Lynn said...

Wow that place looks amazing!

Marcel said...

teh badass

Jaclyn said...

Looks so peaceful, clean and beautiful. I think I will try island living someday for sure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails