Monday, August 8, 2011

Blowing the Stink Off

Des had a bit of an off day at daycare. He was in a fine mood, played well with others, ate all his snacks and lunch. But the napping... oh the napping. His caretaker tried twice, but Des just cried and cried. We've been having some sleep issues recently. And coming off of a weekend always makes it worse.

Needless to say, his mood by the time he got home was less than desirable.

It had rained most of the day, but the skies finally cleared after dinner. As Des sat whining through another episode of Chuggington, I finally said, "He needs to get out and blow the stink off him."

"What, does he stink?" Tony said.

"No, he's been cooped up, he's cranky, he needs to run around in the fresh air. Blow the stink off of him."

He looked at me like I had two heads. I was shocked he had never heard this phrase. My mother must have said that EVERY DAY growing up, 'Get out and blow the stink off ya!' I assumed every mom said that. I plan on keeping the phrase alive.

As we put our shoes on, Tony said, "Okay Des, let's go outside and get that smell out."

I laughed. "It's blow the stink off!"

And as soon as we got out there, put Des down on the wet grass and let him run around the yard, he was a new boy. He was our boy.


This, my love, is what blowing the stink off looks like.

(Sorry for the skinny iPhone video. We have a flip. We should probably use it.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails