Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update... sorta

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. We've settled in quite comfortably to our new space and our routine within it. Even if it's not quite finished, it's just nice to come home to a warm, inviting place.

We've added a few minor pieces to the living area, including a chair and rug. The bar is set up, ready for a party. The recessed lighting throughout is fabulous. And something that I'm surprise how much I enjoy are the speakers in the ceiling. They're set up in zones, so I can hook up my Ipod to the stereo in the living room and zone it to the kitchen speakers for mood music as I prep for cooking. With the sun shining bright through the kitchen windows, I can dance and chop and sing at the cutting board. Simple pleasures.

We purchased the flooring for the front entry way and the kitchen. We picked a 12" natural slate stone tile. I love it because of the warm gray and how it feels like river rock under bare feet. I also love all the variations in color between the tiles. Oranges, blues, greens. It's going to be beautiful. But so far the boxes have been sitting in a corner of the dining room. Hopefully we can tackle that project within the next few weeks.

But for now things have kinda stayed in neutral. I have to say, the break from the chaos is nice. This weekend we're heading down to beautiful Newport, RI for a college graduation, and in two weeks we're heading way down to the Caribbean for our 3rd trip to paradise, the island of St. John. Tony and I are celebrating 10 years together. If we're not sick of eachother by now, I think we're in the clear for another few decades more.

For the next update I hope to have some progress photos. Or maybe just a pic of a blue ocean and sandy beach. We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails